Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3



"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." -PS. cxxxix. 23, 24.



SAVE us from evil tongue,
From the heart that thinketh wrong,
From the sins, whate'er they be,
That divide the soul from Thee,

-ANON.


SUCH as are thy habitual thoughts, such also be the character of thy mind; for the soul is dyed by thoughts. Dye it then with a continous series of such thoughts as these: for instance, that where a man can live, there he can also live well. But he must live in a palace.
-MARCUS ANTONINUS

WHO is there that sets himself to the task of steadily watching his thoughts for the space of one hour, with the view of preserving his mind in a simple, humble, healthful condition, but will speedily discern in the multiform, self-reflecting, self-admiring emotions, which, like locusts, are ready to 'eat up every green thing in his land'. a state as much opposed to simplicity and humility as night is to day?
-M. A. KELTY
It is always better to help others even in a simple ways, it could be simple for you but great for others. Always share the good news.